18 Throwback Photos That Scream, “It Was Trendy Back Then!”
Looking back at outdated styles can feel a lot like time-traveling. Trends that used to be a hit can now make us laugh, feel nostalgic, or even inspire us to try and recreate some of the throwback styles. Back at the start of the 2000s, a variety of new trends emerged — some of them became classic, while others we would rather forget ever existed. Let’s look at some of the most popular clothing items of that era that most of us proudly wore back in the day.
1. With ultra low-rise pants, a tube top, and a newsboy hat, Christina Aguilera is the epitome of the major trends of the early 2000s.
2. The members of Destiny’s Child fully embraced the head-to-toe denim look that was huge in the early 2000s.
3. Back then, teeny-tiny flip phones were so hot, they were even used as fashionable accessories.
4. Flared jeans, sometimes expanded with a different fabric, were so cool at the start of the millennium.
5. Wearing anything but an actual shirt and giving off a sort of shipwreck vibe was a thing back in the 2000s.
6. In stark contrast to modern trends, women plucked their eyebrows into oblivion in the late ’90s.
7. Do you remember the time when scarves were a must, regardless of the occasion?
8. And very very thin spaghetti straps...
9. Waistcoats were a staple in every cool girl’s wardrobe.
10. And hairdressers were overloaded with requests for the ’’Rachel haircut.’’
11. Everyone was obsessed with those weird velour tracksuits.
12. And brown lip liner was a must if you wanted to look trendy.
13. Baby pink and thick belts were all the rage.
14. People either loved or hated the trucker hat trend.
15. Oversized flannel shirts combined with floral dresses were a major hit.
16. The comb and curls were practically classics at any prom.
17. Fergie was a real fashionista in her cropped and tight waistcoat
18. Lace-up jeans were also adored by literally everyone.
Preview photo credit ZUMA Press, Inc. / Alamy Stock Photo
Share This Article