13 Situations That Prove Our World Has Done a Complete 180
Sometimes we feel shy about eating the last piece of pizza when in public or we feel shy about not shaving our legs. Our mothers and grannies, in their turn, used to blush when we would refuse to share our toy with a boy from the next block. But times are changing and our understanding of what is good or bad is changing as well.
1. It is perfectly normal for a man and a woman to split the bill 50/50, even if they are on their first romantic date.
2. Many women are no longer concerned about being criticized for breastfeeding in public without covering their breasts.
3. Sometimes so-called etiquette is only imposed by others and their unnecessary standards.
4. The ability to protect your personal boundaries is not something you develop on a whim, it’s a vital skill.
5. There is nothing shameful about eating the last piece of pizza or the last bite of a sandwich. After all, food shouldn’t be thrown away.
6. We regulate the quality of service we receive and sometimes we have to point out the mistakes taxi drivers or delivery guys make — we are make mistakes.
7. Of course, dolling yourself up in a public place is not the best idea but correcting your lipstick or powdering your nose in front of others is not a crime.
8. When you make decisions based on what others might think and feel shy about the natural processes of your body, you might not reach your goal after all.
9. It’s absolutely natural to not know something. While if we pretend we know everything we might end up in an awkward situation.
10. A girl who lacks initiative and who waits for others to take the first step only looks beautiful in the pages of books and in films. Things in life work a little differently.
11. Kids aren’t the only ones who like to sit by the window. Should we deprive ourselves of this pleasure?
12. There is no need to feel ashamed about your body or feel shy when you can open up and enjoy life.
13. It would seem that not so long ago when we answered the phone, we simply put the cell phone to our ear. Nowadays, when talking to family and friends, we usually turn on the video right away.
What would you add to this list? What attitudes used today should be left in the past, in your opinion?
Please note: This article was updated in July 2022 to correct source material and factual inaccuracies.
Share This Article