15+ Times When Actors Portrayed Someone Older or Younger and Did a Great Job
When actors and actresses have to portray characters that are much older or younger than them, it’s a huge responsibility not only for the makeup artists but also for the stars themselves. The look of the character is just part of the job. A lot depends on the actor’s ability to mimic body language, mannerisms, and other subtleties.
We at CHEERY looked back at times when stars had to portray older and younger characters and had great success.
1. Jennifer Lawrence — Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
2. Leonardo DiCaprio — Frank Abagnale Jr. (Catch Me If You Can)
3. Anya Taylor-Joy — Beth Harmon (The Queen’s Gambit)
4. Kit Harington — Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
5. Olivia Newton-John — Sandy Olsson (Grease)
6. Joe Keery — Steve Harrington (Stranger Things)
7. Saoirse Ronan — Jo March (Little Women)
8. Orlando Bloom — Will Turner (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl)
9. Julia Roberts — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
10. Tom Holland — Peter Parker (Spider-Man: Homecoming)
11. Nicola Coughlan — Penelope Featherington (Bridgerton)
12. Patrick Swayze — Johnny Castle (Dirty Dancing)
13. Jack Gleeson — King Joffrey (Game of Thrones)
14. Zendaya — Chani (Dune: Part One)
15. Matt Damon — Scott Thorson (Behind the Candelabra)
16. Florence Pugh — Amy March (Little Women)
Which of these actors do you think did the best job?
Preview photo credit Warner Bros / Courtesy Everett Collection / East News
Share This Article