17 Movies With Easter Eggs We Noticed Only After Watching Them Thrice
Movie and animation directors love to hide secret messages in their movies that only attentive viewers can find. These can be characters or props from other movies, a word or number which is symbolic for the production studio, and other Easter eggs.
At CHEERY, we love to watch movies but we rarely pay attention to any hidden messages. But Internet users are more attentive than us.
1. In Chip ’n Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022), you can see that Dobby the house-elf became a Gucci model after the Harry Potter film series was a wrap.
2. In No Time to Die (2021), you can see the bulldog figurine in Bond’s garage which M had given him in Skyfall (2012).
3. In Wonder Woman 1984 (2020), the blond man on the right is Gal Gadot’s husband, Yaron Varsano. And the little girl is Maya, their younger daughter.
4. In Run (2020), a stock photo model appears for a moment, and this happens to be the same stock photo model from Searching (2018). Aneesh Chaganty directed both movies.
5. In Soul (2020), you can see a sign with the number “020386” on it. This is a reference to February 3, 1986—the day Pixar was founded.
6. In John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017), the rotary dial phone is the same model they used in The Matrix (1999).
7. In Little Women (2019), Jo switches writing hands. This is an homage to the novel’s author, Louisa May Alcott, who trained herself to be ambidextrous to continue writing when one of her hands got tired.
9. In Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams (2002), Carmen finds the golden idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) in a pirate cave.
10. In Zootopia (2016), Bellwether is wearing a little bell. In real life, a bellwether is the leading sheep of a flock, it has a bell around its neck to help guide the other sheep.
11. In the movie Doctor Sleep (2019), they recreated the office scene from The Shining (1980).
12. In Bohеmian Rhapsody (2018), the trucker that eyes Freddie is played by singer Adam Lambert. Since 2011, he has been touring with Queen as their lead singer.
13. In Isle of Dogs (2018), Tracy lives in the Kikuchiyo residence. This is a reference to Seven Samurai (1954), where Kikuchiyo is a central character.
14. In Coco (2017), you can see a clownfish on the ofrenda. This is a reference to Finding Nemo (2003).
15. In The Dark Tower (2017), when Jake visits his psychiatrist, a picture of the Overlook Hotel from the movie The Shining (1980) is shown. Both stories were written by Stephen King.
16. During the credits to Lilo & Stitch (2002), Agent Bubbles is shown serving a turkey. This is a reference to Norman Rockwell’s painting Freedom From Want (1941-1943).
17. In the end credits of Encanto (2021), there is a strange plane next to the Disney logo. This is a reference to Disney’s next animated movie Strange World (2022).
Did you find any Easter eggs in movies yourself? Tell us about them in the comments below.
Share This Article